WHO WE ARE
If you're looking for a place to have fun, keep fit, and make new friends become a member of Cedar Heights Community Association in Blind Bay, BC.
Our mission is simple. We provide a social centre in the south Shuswap where neighbours become friends. Our recreational and social programs promote an active lifestyle and we engage in civic and social issues that benefit our community.
Our non-profit association is managed by a dedicated group of volunteers who operate and maintain our 7.5 acre site that includes a two level chalet, The Cedar Centre. We also have a beautiful Par 3 Golf Course, Pickleball and Bocce Courts that are open to the public. Volunteers also manage a number of sports programs and social activities for both members and guests.
HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR EXISTING AND NEW MEMBERS
If you are looking for the dates and times of our upcoming events, the days and times for our regular activities, forms and contact information it's all available on our website.
You can also find and print our Brochure, Membership Form and Sports Registration Form. Just click on any of the GREEN text and it will take you there. For a complete list of all our forms and documents click on the Association Forms and Documents.
Who can join?
If you want to hold office on the Board of Directors or Executive and vote in our General Meetings you must reside in Cedar Heights, Blind Bay, or Sorrento to become an Ordinary Member. However, anyone can become an Associate Member of CHCA. So if you live in Eagle Bay or you are just here for the summer you can join us and still benefit from our member only events and special pricing.
WHY BUY A MEMBERSHIP?
There are lots of monetary benefits to becoming a member such as reduced activity fees and the opportunity to purchase sports memberships. You can join Keep Fit and take advantage of unlimited use of our Golf Course and Pickeball courts for a low fee.
Association members can even rent The Cedar Centre for a party, or our Golf Course, Bocce and Pickleball courts for your family reunion. The longer you have been a member the lower the cost.
Our members also receive a Newsletter via email of scheduled and special events so they don't miss out on any of our fun activities. Some of our activities like our annual Pig Roast are for members only. However, the most important benefit is that sense of belonging that comes from being an active member of our Association.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
An individual adult or youth membership only costs $35, and family memberships are $70 which includes two adults and any children under 18 living in the same household. Memberships are due on January 1st each year and expire at the end of the year. New members joining after August 31st of the current calendar year get a free membership until December 31st with a pre-payment of the next calendar year.
How to Purchase or Renew Your Membership
IMPORTANT CHANGES for 2019
· New Form
· New Rates
Yes it is that time of year again. Your Cedar Heights Community Association membership renewal is due. Our membership year is January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You will notice a number of changes this year.
The membership approved rate changes for the 2019 year at the General Meeting in November.
· Adult membership will be $35/person.
· Youth (12-17 years) and children (12 years and under) registration is free with an adult registration. The youth and children must live in the same household. There is a place for their names on the form.
You will notice some significant differences in the form this year. There are several reasons why the form has been changed including: creating a baseline of information on our members; compliance with privacy requirements; and collecting information for insurance requirements and for grant applications. It means that this year it will take a few extra minutes to complete the form but it will allow us to streamline renewal next year.
1. Each adult in the household needs to complete a form. The database we use to collect information requires that each individual have their own record and there are some pieces of information that are unique to each individual (eg: interests for volunteering, agreement to receive information via email, age range).
2. Age range for adults is being collected. This is needed for our volunteer insurance and to describe our membership in grant applications.
3. Volunteer interests. This section has been expanded. Collecting this information will allow us to better match member’s interests with volunteer activities. There is also a space to indicate if you are unable to volunteer at this time.
4. For those who like to do things electronically, the ,new membership form we will email to you in the first few weeks of January can be can be opened and filled out on your computer. However the form on the website will need to be printed and filled in by hand. We are working on creating a fillable form that works on mobile devices. and from our website.
Who needs to fill out the form?
All members, including those who have already submitted their renewal, are asked to fill out the new form. This will help us create a baseline of information for next year so that you will only need to submit information that has changed. Eg: if you have a new email address.
Where do I find the new form?
The form will be emailed to everyone in the next two weeks with instructions on completion of the form and options for submission of payment. Printed copies can be found in the slots by the coat rack in the Centre and will be posted to the CHCA website.
Any questions. Call or email Shaunne Letourneau, Membership and Communications Director. Phone: 250 515-5050. Email:email@example.com
How to Renew or Purchase a New Membership
Click HERE and it will take you directly to our new membership form on the website. Please note you will not be able to fill in the form from the website or your mobile device at this time. Download the form, print it off, fill in the form and this year we have three payment options to make it as easy as possible to pay your membership.
Three Options for Payment
1. Make a cheque payable to CHCA and drop it off at the Centre during office hours from 1:00 till 3:00 Tuesdays and Thursdays, or put it in the slot beside the office door if the Centre is open. If the Centre is closed drop it in our secure external mail box beside the front door or mail it to: CHCA, 2316 Lakeview Dr., Sorrento, BC, VOE 2W2
2. Pay using your credit or debit card during office hours from 1:00 till 3:00 pm Tuesday and Thursdays.
3. Pay using e-transfer. Send the completed form (either filled out electronically or filled out and scanned. Please save the file with your first and last name) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Information on e-transfer of membership fee will then be sent to your email account.
The best way to reach us is by phone or email. If no one is available please leave a detailed message and our administrator will forward the message or email to the appropriate person who will get back to you.
Address: 2316 Lakeview Drive
Sorrento, BC VOE 2W2
Phone: (250) 675-2012
Office Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:00 - 3:00 pm