2018 Bocce Program
Thanks to a 2017 grant received from the Federal Government New Horizons for Seniors Program, we officially opened our two Bocce courts on August 11th 2017. We are looking forward this year to a full season of play; the courts will be opened from April 16th to October 12th 2018 (subject to weather conditions).
If you have never played Bocce before we encourage you to give it a shot. This sport was first played in ancient Egypt and has spread around the world. It is popular because people of all ages and fitness can take part. It can be as relaxed or as competitive as your group wants it to be. One court is wheelchair accessible.
Take a look at the fun video above to get a sense of the game all with facial expressions. We have regulation caliber bocce ball sets to play with, and you’ll find the rules allow for some intriguing tactics. Think of curling, snooker, and bowling combined!
Like all of our other outdoor programs, the courts are open for play by everyone. The courts can also be rented for an hourly fee by groups such as clubs, family reunions or weddings booked at the hall.
There are three ways you can play:
- Drop-in (2-hour session): $5.00 for youths (12-17) & adults, and $3.00 for children under 12 (must be accompanied by an adult).
- Booklets of ten coupons: $40.00 for adults, $25.00 for youths and $15.00 for children. One coupon required per 2-hour session (a savings of 20% to 50% compared to drop-in fees). Note that the coupons can also be used for pickleball and golf.
- Bocce membership (unlimited play): $40.00 for adults, $20.00 for youths and $10.00 for children. Must be an Association member to purchase a Bocce membership.
Our 2018 Bocce program has:
- Three leagues: mixed (Tuesday), ladies (Wednesday) and men (Thursday).
- Two tournaments: spring (May 15) and summer (Aug 25-26).
- Two clinics: April 17 and 29th
For more details about the 2018 Bocce program, click here for the full schedule.
For more information, please contact the 2018 Bocce Coordinators:
- Ken Spearman: (250) 675-2841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jean-Luc Desgroseilliers: (250) 833-2911 or email@example.com